AquaPak Epoxy Repair Kit
Kneadable epoxy for repairing your kite or surfboard
This epoxy repair kit from AquaPak can be used to repair scratches or holes in your kiteboard or surfboard. The epoxy makes an incredibly strong connection and is waterproof. After the epoxy has hardened for 60 minutes it can be drilled, sawed, sanded, etc.
The AquaPak kneadable epoxy consists of two components that are mixed together by kneading.
How to use the Aquapak Epoxy Repair Kit?
Make sure, for the best result, that your board is completely dry on the inside and outside.
1) For best results, use damp fingers (check the safety instructions on the packaging) to easily knead, apply and finally smooth the surface;
2) Cut off the required amount of epoxy;
3) Mix the epoxy thoroughly by kneading firmly. Do this until the epoxy has a uniform color. If this is difficult, make sure that the epoxy is at room temperature or a bit above;
4) Apply the mixed epoxy to the surface within 10 minutes;
5) If you apply the epoxy to a damp, wet or slowly leaking surface, make sure you keep pressing the epoxy hard into the surface until the epoxy adheres (better to let your board dry completely);
6) If the epoxy is applied to the surface, remove the excess epoxy with a wet tool before it begins to harden;
7) Allow to harden for 60 minutes.
Curing time: The AquaPak Epoxy Repair kit has a 15-minute working time. After 15-20 minutes, the epoxy begins to harden and form a strong compound. The total curing time lasts about 60 minutes, after which the epoxy can be sanded.